The client asked us to convert a former nine storey office building into a large residential area with 234 studio flats, 26 per floor, keeping the existing bearing structure, with staircases and passenger lifts. The existing building was on top of a 7 storey car park, comprising 16 floors.
The main difficulty of this job was the fact that the remaining tenants were still within their leases and would not leave the building, so we had to operate in a fully operating area. In order to succeed we planned everything carefully with the local Bus Station traffic management officer and the Highways Authority. We also cooperated with our client and the tenants had no problem throughout the works.
- Asbestos Removal & associated works;
- Complete soft strip & associated works;
- New mechanical & electrical service installations with tenants in situ;
- Adaptations to existing drainage system;
- Installation of new bathrooms;
- Installation of new kitchens;
- Complete re-decorations throughout;
- Replacement of windows;
- Re-decorations and repairs to external façade.